Monday, December 7, 2015

Pictures will have to wait till another time

     We had another wonderful day but definitely a full and busy one. Out of bed and off the ranch before day light, I met the movers at 8:30 and checked off boxes as they off-loaded into our storage rooms. Moving into a fully furnished house means that we only need our personal effects at the house for the next few months. Of course, those personal  effects were set to the side to be brought to the cabin. Four hours of standing in the drizzly cold left me ready to warm back up. Another reason to love heated seats in the car! We had time to run a few errands and then back to the ranch to meet the movers. 

     They beat me to the cabin by half an hour which gave them time to off-load the rest of our things onto the front porch. Then I got to stand at the door and direct boxes to either the basement or the attic. I have to hand it to the men, they were incredible professionals and good sports about all the stairs. Mountain Man's decoy collection was left in the front room for him to see as soon as he walked in from work.

     The movers left just in time for me to get a ham in the oven and visit with the property manager who takes care of the animals. Suzanne had been off the property for a few days as she drove the owner to Salt Lake City to catch her flight. It was nice to see her again and chat for a minute. Mountain Man literally walked through the door as the ham came out of the oven and the dining room table was covered with decoys in the few minutes it took to prepare the sides. Fortunately there is a bar and barstools for the family to eat together while the decoys took up our usual space. Mountain Man is happy, all the ducks are accounted for. 

     After dinner we finished unpacking a few more boxes and the little touches around the house are exciting to see. It's amazing to me how well everything seems to fit. I did a little bit of work on Sandman's space in the loft with him while Adventurer and Cat designed and began work on two costumes they are creating. Being in a house again is heavenly in that the girls had room to spend the afternoon having a tea party, playing dress up, and then creating in spite of the damp weather! I loved listening to them collaborate and am looking forward to seeing their final outcome. 

     With the children tucked into bed Mountain Man and I were able to catch up on our day. The job is everything and more than he was hoping but that is his story to tell if I can ever talk him into a guest post. As it is approaching midnight and I have morning chores I decided to share a little about our day and save the pictures for the future. I hope each of you is reading this from a happy, safe place that you are glad to call home. For tonight, I am full of happy feelings and toasty warm by the fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment